Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If you try hard enough....


When I was a little girl I loved reading fairy tales and inspirational stories. Even more I loved it when one of my sisters read them to me.
Every Sunday after lunch, we'd pretend to take a nap and my sister read to me as we lay on her bed in our bedroom. It was a great moment for me, because we learned something new, we laughed and we had fun.
One of the stories I remember is about the thirsty crow.
I like the concept of  this story so I decided to share it with you. Some of you may already know this, but for those who don't....please, enjoy.

''Love''
 Dusana


The Thirsty Crow 

One hot summer day, a thirsty crow flew all over the fields looking for water. 

For a long time, she could not find any. She felt very weak, almost giving up hope.

Suddenly, she saw a water jug below her, which was kept on the other side of the tree.
She flew straight down to see if there was any water. When she looked, she could see some water inside the jug!

Yupiiiii, finally I got water, said the thirsty crow.
She quickly put her peak inside the pot of water, but couldn’t drink, because the water was deep below and the neck of the jug was too narrow. 
Then she tried to push the jug down for the water to flow out. She found that the jug was too heavy.
Now the thirsty crow didn’t know what to do?

She sat for a while and looked here and there. Then looking around her, she saw some pebbles. 
She suddenly had a good idea. 

She started picking up the pebbles one by one. Then she came near the pot of water, threw one pebble in it and watched.
She saw that the water in the pot was coming up. So she put more pebbles in the jug. As more and more pebbles filled the jug, the water level kept rising. Soon it was high enough for the crow to drink.


Her plan had worked.
Without wasting anytime the thirsty crow drank all the water and fulfilled her thirst. 
And then very happy, she flew away…



Moral of this story is:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
''If you try hard enough, you may soon find an answer to your problem.'' 

Remember:
Often when you feel like you want to give up and you are about to give up, you are so close to making a huge break-thru. Be an inspiration to others by refusing to give up.
You deserve to be happy and you deserve to have success.
Keep that mindset and never give up until you reach your destination!


''If you try hard enough, you can bend the spoon, you can shift reality.''
~Christopher Meloni~

''Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.''
~W. Clement Stone~

''Set your target and keep trying until you reach it.''
~Napoleon Hill~


5 comments:

  1. Hi Dusana,
    I've tagged you for the Liebster blog award.
    For details follow this link http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.fr/2012/06/ive-received-liebster-blog-award.html

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks this is really inspirational. You know reading over your blog kinda makes my humor blog seem insignificant in comparison, but I will trek on.

    Great post :)

    -The Anon Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
      I was reading your story about glasses, I have to say you really are patient and have a sense of humor.
      Once again, thank you for stopping by :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, glad you like it. Your input really means a lot. I hope you follow for more :)

      Delete