Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tips to become more patient


Impatience is a frustrating feeling to have to struggle with. It causes problems like stress, anger and arguments.

I used to be very impatient. When I was walking somewhere and people where walking slowly in front of me, I was very impatient and stressed. I wasn't in rush, so there was no need for stress, but even though it made me angry.

Life is full of situations that can make us lose patience, such as: bad drivers, busy streets, long lines, noisy neighbors. People who are impatient are people who insist on getting things done now and don't like to waste time. However, sometimes things just cannot be rushed.
Many of us are impatient at times.  You can feel your body getting tense and you're getting angry. You start sweating and suddenly you feel like to yell at the person for no reason. You know it's wrong, but you can't help it. Losing control of your patience can hurt. Not only you, but even those around you. Impatience can cause physical harm to your body and also damage relationships.
Developing patience is not easy. You've got to be motivated to become more patient.
It requires a change in your attitude, but you can immediately make progress by learning to RELAX.



What to do? 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
1.) Take a few deep breaths and just try to clear your mind. 
     Be calm, act calm and you will start to feel calm.
     Nobody is perfect, it is important to recognize this. Don't get angry for nothing. 

2.) Take your favorite gemstone and put it into your pocket. When you feel the outbreak and anger is 
     coming, touch the stone. Have a look at:  Healing powers of gemstones

3.) Before you say something, count to ten. Count very slowly and each time take a deep breath. 
     Do it, so you will not have to apologize for something you said later.

4.) Try to put a positive look on everything you do. This way you will diminish tension and will put a
      barrier between yourself and stress.
 
Remember that you can change the way you think, the way you speak and the way you react.  
Inner happiness is a choice that can seem difficult, but it’s something that you can train yourself to do.
Patience can reduce your stress, improve your health and make you happier. Whenever you start to be impatient, think about the positive things.
Remember that life is not a race, but a journey.

''Love''
 Dusana


''The three P's of success are: passion, persistence and patience.''
~Doug Bronson~


''Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.''

~Titus Maccius Plautus~


You might also like:

Positive Thinking Affirmations - Change your words, change your life


9 comments:

  1. really useful!!
    thanks also for your lovely comment in my blog!!
    http://citygirltoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips, very useful, when u work with customers, like I do!!http://lynnsprettymess.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tips!


    Happy Sunday,

    Nico

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nico.
      Have a nice week full of positive ideas.

      Dusana :-)

      Delete
  4. Very useful! I've read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle dozens of time, and I love his advice - "the next time you are waiting, just enjoy yourself ... when the person who has kept you waiting apologizes for the wait - respond "that's ok, I was in joy with my self." Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those tips you shared are practical and applicable. From my last leadership position, I learnt that the journey with others is slower than the journey alone.

    Keep it up dear. I'll definitely come back

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly need to take notice of a few of these tips! I am reminded all too often from my husband that I have a low patience span....
    Love what you are saying about inner happiness too....its amazing how much this can affect our lives and is within our control!

    ReplyDelete